Thursday, January 28, 2016

My Bucket List (2016 Edition)


Hi guys. Today I have a more general type of post for you. 2015 has been a year of challenges and self-discovery for me and while it wasn't always easy, today I know myself a little better and I'm starting to have a better view of where I want to be later in my life. This is why I've decided to put together a bucket list. I feel I've grown just enough as a person to know which dreams are worth pursuing and what are those which will never be anything more than a fancy. And so, here's my bucket list ^^

I want to visit the French countryside with my sister

Source
It's going to be a sister only trip to France with Pooja, my little sister. The plan is to visit the countryside rather than actual cities and spend our trip at a B&B. There's a French TV program we both love which features beautiful B&B places in small French towns and that's what got us enamored with the idea. These towns are famous for their castle ruins and local produce like cheese and jam and that's the side of France we want to discover. 


I want to have a library in my house

Source

Once I have my own place, I want to have a room dedicated solely to my books. It's kind of a rational dream too since by the time I get my place, I would have probably accumulated enough books to fit a room anyway. Mine would probably not look like the library in the picture but a girl can dream right?

I want to visit The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Source
If you've been around for a while now, you probably know how much of a Potterhead I am. You might also remember that time I decided to turn my house into Hogwarts for my sister's 18th birthday. So ideally, I'd not only visit the park, but I'd also have my sister with me. Sporting our Gryffindor and Slytherin scarves no less. She's the Slytherin by the way...


I want to read the complete X-Men comic series

Source 1 & Source 2
So this one might be a little tricky, especially since X-Men has practically countless spin-offs and that some of its first issues are hard to find. I did already start reading the first issues from the 60s though and I'm already in love enough with the world and the characters to be motivated to make it all the way through the series. There are over 300 issues in the main series so this goal will probably linger on my bucket list for a few more years. But that's okay 'cause I do enjoy reading these comics. 


I want to visit Disneyland (again)

Taken at Disneyland Hong Kong, December 2014
I was able to visit Disneyland Hong Kong with my family in December 2014 and it was so magical that I can only hope to do it again one day. I'm as big a fan of Disney as I'm a Potterhead so Disneyland simply has to be on my bucket list. In the best of worlds, I'd also get to actually stay in one of the hotels in the park. There's no age to have breakfast with Mickey. Just sayin'...


I want to visit Japan

Source
I love Japan from all the books I've read by Haruki Murakami and all those anime I've watched. I'm not sure if you can call me an otaku though since I tend to be fan of anime most people often haven't even heard of. I'm completely enamored with Japan though and would love to see it's tech-crazy cities and walk under the branches of sakura blossoms.


I want to work in the publishing industry

Source
Originally, my dream was to study languages or creative writing and pursue a job in the publishing industry. Then, I realized that we don't actually have creative writing courses here in Mauritius and that our publishing industry is basically nonexistent. No, publishers of primary school textbooks don't count. My dreams kinda squashed, I instead went for a bachelor degree in Marketing. Now, 4 years later, I'm glad things happened the way they did. After I started this blog, I realized that maybe I could still participate in the publishing industry as a blogger and a reviewer. And now, having graduated from uni, I've realized that my life doesn't have to be restricted to something as trivial as geography. So yes, I still dream of working in the publishing industry. I may have to move abroad and it's certainly going to be hard, but I'll do my best to make it happen. 

So that was my bucket list. I wonder what the 2017 edition will look like. Hopefully I'd have made a dent in my X-Men TBR by then. All the travelling will have to wait though 'cause I still have my Master degree to start this year. Not to mention that I don't actually have a job yet XD.

And now, tell me...


Source

12 comments:

  1. OMG, the French and Japanese photos are giving me such wanderlust...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling. These pictures just make my wanderlust worse XD

      Delete
  2. Very nice list there! I want to go to Hogwarts too! A few years ago we moved close to Disneyland (California), and we go there a lot! I love it! I would love to go to England someday. :)

    Have fun following your dreams!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Candy. Wow, it must be so cool to live near Disneyland :D I hope you get to visit England some day ^^

      Delete
  3. What a great bucket list. A trip to the French countryside sounds absolutely beautiful. I hope that all your dreams come true. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my: the Wizarding World of Harry Potter AND France - did you just read my mind Soudha?! LOL Those are dream bucket list dream items and I vow that I will get both done before I die...I don't care if I'm a 80-year old woman checking out Harry Potter world. It.Will.Happen XD Working in the Publishing Industry is THE DREAM and Japan, a Home Library and reading Comic Books are all fantastic picks too ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like we have similar bucket lists ^^ I can totally also picture myself at 80 and still fangirling over Harry Potter so I totally get you! You're right, HP world will happen one day :D Thanks for dropping by Micheline :)

      Delete
  5. These are great additions to your bucket list! I like how different they are. :) I also want to visit the Harry Potter world - I'm always so jealous of folks who post pictures of it!

    And yeah, I fell for Japan through Murakami's books, too, and it has been too long since I read one of his novels. I have to change that.

    By the way, I tagged you for the Book Fangirling Blog Award - http://ofdragonsandhearts.com/2016/01/monster-tag-post/ - I don't know if you've done it before or if you do tags at all but I'd love to read your answers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, people who share pictures of their visit to HP world make me so jealous too XD It's cool you also fell for Japan through Murakami. I guess it's just his way of describing it that makes it so alluring to me.

      I haven't done the tag so thanks for tagging me ^^

      Delete
  6. This is a great bucketlist. I hope you manage to get them all done! I did love my time in Disneyland Paris, so I can imagine why you would want to go again. I would ideally want to work in the publishing industry and have a library in my own home, so those are some goals we both share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'd love to do to Disneyland Paris one day too! I hope your bucket list goals come true too :)

      Delete