Saturday, October 31, 2015

My Little Halloween Party!

Happy Halloween! 


Hi guys! Today I thought I would show you some pictures from my little Halloween party. Here in Mauritius, we don't actually celebrate Halloween, which is a pity 'cause I do really love Halloween. So, I figured I would do my own little celebration by putting up some decorations and baking some cookies. I thought it would be also fun to make some DIY stuff and so, some of the decorations I'm about to show you are things I actually made myself throughout the month of October. 

We didn't have that many people over, so we celebrated by having a cozy little tea party. Since people don't dress up for Halloween here, I didn't go for an actual costume. I did want to wear something festive though, so I got this little hat from eBay. If we actually did costumed parties here, I would have probably gone as a gender-bent Mad Hatter. I'm holding on to that costume idea for when I'll be able to do a real Halloween costumed party ^^



You can't have a party, even a little one, without things to munch on, right? I'm actually bordering hopeless when it comes to the kitchen but I was able to find a super easy biscuit recipe and made a bunch of these cute Halloween cookies. Can you spot the little bats and pumpkins? 


                                                             
We also had some cute cupcakes to go with our biscuits and tea. Nope, those I didn't make myself, haha. What I did make though were paper lollipops to decorate the table. They came out so cute I'm thinking I might make some for Christmas too. 



I made this cute little garland thing for my bed and used a mix of printables and picture cutouts for the TRICK OR TREAT decoration.


Next, there's my pumpkin paper lantern which I bought from a local shop. I thought it looked a bit simple so prior to wearing my little hat, I used it to dress up the lantern with it. The masquerade mask is something I had bought for my first Halloween party, back in 2014. Last year I had gone for a Gothic spooky theme, hence the mask. The BOO decoration was very easy to make. I just printed some large letters and tied them with some ribbon.


Here's my little witch corner, with my Witch Ball invitation poster and two vintage Halloween greeting cards I found online. I also wanted a wreath for my bedroom door and since I couldn't find any neither on eBay nor in the local store I mentioned above, I decided to make my own. Now, it was my first time putting together a wreath, hence the amateurish look, but I'm quite happy with the finish.


I bought a tiny broom from a shop that sells home and garden supplies. I then dressed it up with some ribbon and tulle and voila: a cutesy Halloween broom ^^ 


Follow me on Instagram for more Halloween pictures!

There are a bunch of pictures that I took but couldn't include here because I didn't want this post to be overly long. You can find these pictures on my Instagram by clicking here. If you've also taken some Halloween pictures, feel free to share links to your blog and Instagram down in the comments ^^

I hope you enjoyed this post! If you want links to the items I bought on eBay or the various printables I referred to, feel free to let me know in the comments. Happy Halloween everyone! 

Source here.







8 comments:

  1. A Halloween Tea Party! What a great idea. I like your decorations and hope you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea, having a hallow-tea party! I hope that Mauritius will open up and make Halloweens much more festive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I hope with time Halloween will be more widespread here.

      Delete
  3. What lovely things you've put together, Soudha! Kudos to you, everything looks absolutely wonderful! I especially like the bat-shaped cookies, lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ramona ^^ The cookies were so much fun to make!

      Delete
  4. A cozy little tea-party Halloween celebration sounds like absolute perfection to me! Thanks for sharing all of the awesome things you created for your party Soudha! EVERYTHING looks fantastic, and I love your costume and orange lips ♥♥♥ Hope that everyone had a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Micheline ^^ I thought orange lips would work well even if I had never really wore that lipstick before, haha.

      Delete